Advanced Welding Expertise
Our foundry casts over 250 alloys to deliver world-class quality castings for industry leaders. When we are required to perform repair welds to remove surface casting defects, we follow the highest spec procedures in welding, and all with a highly experienced foundry team who meet the most demanding industry specifications such as nuclear, military and food & beverage requirements.
Why Choose us?
Effective in-house welding can save time and money – if done by the right team. When performing welding procedures, we ensure the same high levels of quality control throughout all foundry process to the finished product. Count with our team for:
- Vast library of weld procedures
- Weld repair, upgrade, and overlay
- Expertise in complex welding parts
- Fully Certified team to the highest specs for Nuclear, Military and Food & Beverage
- One-Stop-Shop for your castings and welding needs
- Advanced Welding Services – Not offered by other foundries
Not sure if your project will need welding, and to what grade? Send us your drawings and we will let you know.
SF&E has a vast library of weld upgrade procedures for almost all weldable grades of material produced. Performing welding procedures in house allows us to control the quality of the finished product, and it is an important part of what makes us a one-stop-shop for customers. In addition, our advanced welding services are an offering not many foundries provide.
Stringent Weld Requirements
We impose 100% compliance to the requirements of our customer purchase orders and material specifications.
We follow the most stringent weld requirements such as:
- ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) A488 – Steel Casting Welding, Qualifications of Procedures and Personnel
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section IX – Welding, Brazing & Fusing Standards
- NAVSEA (Naval Sea Systems Command) S9074-AQ-GIB-010/248 Requirements for Welding and Brazing Procedure and Performance Qualification
- NACE (National Association of Corrosion Engineering) MR0175/ISO 15156, Parts 1-3
- Numerous other welding related requirements from customer specifications
Certifications and Compliance
To meet these weld standards, we are required to certify our welding personnel to the various practices:
- Nuclear and NAVSEA – SF&E’s Quality Assurance Department performs annual vision screenings with our welders to ensure they meet the requirements of the ASME BPVC, Part 1, Section III for nuclear work and NAVSEA Tech Pub.
- Nondestructive Evaluation – We ensure our welders are certified in accordance with the American Society of Non-Destructive Testing SNT-TC-1A Liquid Penetrant (PT) and Visual Testing (VT) by our on-site NDE (Nondestructive Evaluation) Level III. This allows them to verify their own work prior to our Quality Assurance Department Level II personnel certifying the preparation to weld or final welded locations.
- Pressure Equipment Directive – To meet the stringent requirement for welding castings in accordance to the Pressure Equipment Directive (2014/EU/68 PED), our welders are qualified in accordance with EN ISO 9606-1.
- Broad Range of Material Grades – SF&E is qualified to weld many European grades of material as well as over 100 material grades for PED Particular Material Assessment (PMA) orders.
Additional activities to guarantee the quality of your finished product:
- Specialized welding training and support programs
- Third party certification from European Registrars (TUV-SUD)
- NAVSEA compliant Welder Workmanship Program, required for welding Navy and DOD (U.S. Department of Defense) work
Our welding personnel are experts at the processing of castings needing repair. What to know more about how castings are welded, and why Stainless Foundry & Engineering is your Foundry of choice? Follow our News section.
Did You Know?
If you are manufacturing parts or equipment that require compliance with FAR and DFARS, your foundry partner needs to be compliant as well. Check out current governmental purchasing requirements.